The No. 22 Florida Gators (6-3) and the Clemson Tigers (8-1) clash at BB&T Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Clemson Tigers vs. Florida Gators ATS Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they won big over the Samford Bulldogs, 81-59. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Elijah Thomas had a solid game for Clemson. Clemson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 16.3) and a free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.249). Samford put up marks of 29.6 and 0.170, respectively, for those same stats.
The Gators come in on a high note after topping the No. 17 Cincinnati Bearcats in their last outing, 66-60. With 21 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Egor Koulechov was the top scorer from either team. Florida played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.259 (below their season average of 0.286) and a turnover percentage of 19.6 (worse than their season average of 11.3). For those same stats, Cincinnati had marks of 0.185 and 25.6, respectively.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Florida takes on the stingy defense of Clemson. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Gators rank 60th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers are 27th in defensive efficiency.
Clemson Tigers vs. Florida Gators ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while the Gators rank 46th (2.8).
- Florida ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (10.2) while Clemson ranks 34th (12.5).
- Clemson ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (34.1) while Florida ranks 149th (35.4).
- The Gators rank 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while the Tigers rank 154th (21.7).
- Florida ranks 45th in steals per game (7.5) while Clemson ranks 86th (7.0).