The Clemson Tigers (10-3) travel to Cameron Indoor Stadium to square off against the top-ranked Duke Blue Devils (11-1). Both teams will look to lengthen their five game winning streaks. The game can be seen on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Clemson Tigers vs. Duke Blue Devils ATS Odds
Both teams had no trouble getting past their last opponent. The Blue Devils defeated the second-ranked Kentucky Wildcats 118-84, while the Tigers beat the Citadel Bulldogs 100-80.
Clemson dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.648. Citadel had marks of 8.3 and 0.534, respectively, for those same stats. Duke, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a turnover percentage of 4.2 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.620. Kentucky recorded marks of 16.5 and 0.475, respectively, for those same stats. Duke’s R.J. Barrett played well, contributing 33 points and six assists. Meanwhile, Marcquise Reed played a pivotal role for Clemson with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
The Blue Devils won the only contest between these two teams last season, 66-57. Duke made good use of their 26 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 22 of them (84.6 percent). Clemson, on the other hand, was 10-12 (83.3 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The Tigers’ Shelton Mitchell has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Zion Williamson has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Blue Devils.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nation’s top rebounding teams battle. The Blue Devils rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (40.1 percent), while Clemson ranks 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.4 percent). Also, the Tigers rank 277th in turnover percentage (20.7 percent), while the Blue Devils rank 32nd in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.0 percent).
Clemson at Duke Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Under
- Duke ranks ninth in assists per game (18.3) while Clemson ranks 172nd (12.3).
- The Tigers rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Blue Devils rank 92nd (3.4).
- Duke averages 24.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. Clemson ranks 102nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Blue Devils rank second in rebounds per game (45.3) while the Tigers rank 149th (35.8).
- Duke averages 11.5 steals per game, which ranks second in the nation. Clemson ranks 84th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 25.2, down from 27.8 for the season.