The Clemson Tigers (13-12, 7-8 ACC) will be at Silvio O. Conte Forum to square off with the Boston College Eagles (13-14, 7-9 ACC) in an ACC matchup. The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and will air on ACC Network.
Clemson Tigers vs. Boston College Eagles ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Eagles fell to the Virginia Cavaliers, 78-65, while the Tigers defeated the fifth-ranked Louisville Cardinals, 77-62.
The Tigers made 18 of their 23 free throws (78.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.602 (above their season average of 0.494). Boston College, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.0). Boston College’s Nik Popovic played well, putting up 22 points and seven rebounds. Clemson rallied around John Newman III, who contributed 23 points and six rebounds.
The Tigers won the only contest between these two teams last season, 76-66. Clemson did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (14-18; 77.8 percent). Boston College, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 vs. 25.9). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Boston College might struggle to score as they face off against one of the country’s best defenses. Clemson ranks 59th in defensive efficiency, while the Eagles rank 335th in offensive efficiency.
Clemson at Boston College Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- Boston College ranks 115th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while Clemson ranks 241st (24.4).
- The Eagles average 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 109th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Clemson ranks 154th in assists per game (13.0) while Boston College ranks 165th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Tigers rank 152nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while the Eagles rank 258th (38.0).
- Clemson ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Boston College ranks 110th (3.3).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 4.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 58.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.4 points per game (7.1 below their season average).