The Clemson Tigers (14-12, 8-8 ACC), 2-point underdogs, will be at McCamish Pavilion to clash against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (13-14, 7-9 ACC) in an ACC matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 130.5 points and it can be seen on ACC Network at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Clemson Tigers at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Odds
In the Tigers’ last game, they easily got past the Boston College Eagles, 82-64, comfortably covering as 2.5-point favorites. The Yellow Jackets, meanwhile, were topped by the Syracuse Orange, 79-72, and were unable to cover as 5.5-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Clemson game finished 17.5 points over the projected point total of 128.5, while the Georgia Tech game went 8.5 points over the projected point total of 142.5.
Clemson made 12 of their 23 three pointers (52.2 percent). Boston College, meanwhile, was 7-26 (26.9 percent). Georgia Tech, on the other hand, held Syracuse to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.6 (below their season average of 29.2). Moses Wright fueled Georgia Tech with 33 points and 10 rebounds. Aamir Simms, meanwhile had a solid performance for Clemson, finishing with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Tigers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Clemson won 65-42. Clemson’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Tigers had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 18) and total rebounds (39 vs. 24). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Of the Tigers’ 26 games, 14 have finished over the O/U total. Clemson comes into the game with records of 14-12 straight up (SU) and 15-11 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Yellow Jackets are involved, as 57.7 percent of their games have gone under the total. Additionally, Georgia Tech is 13-14 SU and 15-11 ATS.
Georgia Tech might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the country’s best defenses. Clemson currently ranks 64th in defensive efficiency while the Yellow Jackets rank 298th in offensive efficiency.
Clemson Tigers at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – Georgia Tech, O/U – Over
- Clemson ranks 41st in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Georgia Tech ranks 289th (16.9).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 33rd in blocks per game (4.6) while the Tigers rank 188th (2.5).
- Clemson averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. Georgia Tech ranks 202nd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Clemson is 7-4 ATS on the road, while Georgia Tech is 6-6 ATS at home.
- The Tigers have 5 overs, 5 unders and 1 push in 11 road games.
- The Yellow Jackets have 8 unders and 4 overs in 12 home games.
- The Tigers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Yellow Jackets are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Clemson has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while Georgia Tech has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.0 points per game (5.5 below their season average).
- The Yellow Jackets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 1.2 for the season.