The Clemson Tigers (11-6, 1-3 ACC) will be at the Donald L. Tucker Center to go head-to-head against the 11th-ranked Florida State Seminoles (13-5, 1-4 ACC) in an ACC matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Seminoles were beaten by the Boston College Eagles, 87-82, while the Tigers were victorious over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 72-60.
Clemson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (below their season average of 28.4) and a turnover percentage of 14.5 (better than their season average of 18.3). For those same stats, Georgia Tech was 17.9 and 19.6, respectively. Florida State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 17.5). Florida State’s Mfiondu Kabengele had a solid performance, contributing 26 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Clemson was led by Marcquise Reed, who finished with 30 points and six rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Tigers won the last game 76-63. Clemson’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Tigers had 12 offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Seminoles had six and 30, respectively. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams clash. The Seminoles rank 17th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 percent), while Clemson ranks 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent). It could also be an error-filled game for the Tigers’ offense, which ranks 273rd in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Seminoles, which forces the 37th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.9 percent).
Clemson at Florida State Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Over
- Florida State ranks 30th in steals per game (8.2) while Clemson ranks 105th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Tigers are 17th in the NCAA with 10.2 assists allowed per game while the Seminoles are 26th with 10.5 assists allowed per game.
- Clemson blocks 3.8 opponent shots per game, which ranks 79th in the NCAA. Florida State ranks 83rd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Seminoles rank 166th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Tigers rank 236th (19.8).
- Clemson is 24th in the nation with 31.1 rebounds allowed per game while Florida State is 53rd with 32.3 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Seminoles have been outscored by an average of 5.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida State has defeated opponents by an average of 7.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (7.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.2 above their season average).