The Citadel Bulldogs (6-8, 0-3 SoCon) will be at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium to square off against the Wofford Terriers (10-6, 2-1 SoCon) in a SoCon matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Citadel Bulldogs at Wofford Terriers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Terriers beat the Samford Bulldogs, 67-62, while the Bulldogs were beaten by the Western Carolina Catamounts, 86-82.
The Terriers held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.446 (below their season average of 0.515). The Bulldogs also had a turnover percentage of 21.4 (above the 17.3 mark opponents have averaged against Wofford this season). Citadel, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 14.5). Wofford was lifted by Nathan Hoover, who put up 22 points and five rebounds. Fletcher Abee fueled Citadel with 18 points and six rebounds.
The Terriers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last matchup, Wofford won 99-61. The Terriers’ 12.3 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulldogs, who had a mark of 20.1. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Wofford figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Terriers currently rank 32nd in offensive efficiency, while Citadel ranks 203rd in defensive efficiency. Contrasting tempos will be on display in this meeting. The fast-paced Bulldogs rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Terriers rank 319th.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Wofford Terriers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Citadel, O/U – Over
- Wofford ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Citadel ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (27.6).
- The Terriers average 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 141st in the country. The Bulldogs rank 167th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Citadel is 33rd in the nation with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Wofford is 46th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Bulldogs rank 72nd in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Terriers rank 268th (30.3).
- Citadel averages 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the country. Wofford ranks 139th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 4.7 for the season.