Expect a shootout when the Citadel Bulldogs (6-20, 0-15 SoCon) go head-to-head against the Western Carolina Catamounts (16-10, 8-7 SoCon) at Ramsey Center. The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Western Carolina Catamounts Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Catamounts lost a winnable game to the VMI Keydets, 74-71, while the Bulldogs lost big to the Chattanooga Mocs, 91-68.
Citadel did a great job of making free throws (7-8; 87.5 percent) while Western Carolina did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent). Western Carolina’s Carlos Dotson had a solid performance, finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Citadel received a boost from Brady Spence, who had 16 points.
In their first matchup this season, Onno Steger led the Catamounts to an 86-82 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 28 points. Western Carolina’s 0.210 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Citadel, who had a rate of 0.088.
Western Carolina could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense squares off against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Catamounts rank 49th in offensive efficiency, while Citadel ranks 289th in defensive efficiency.
Citadel at Western Carolina Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Western Carolina, ATS Winner – Western Carolina, O/U – Under
- Western Carolina averages 26.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 38th in the nation. Citadel ranks 285th in three pointers allowed per game (27.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Catamounts rank 128th (3.5).
- Citadel averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 100th in the NCAA. Western Carolina ranks 145th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Catamounts rank 64th in rebounds per game (37.9) while the Bulldogs rank 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- Western Carolina ranks 93rd in assists per game (14.0) while Citadel ranks 237th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- During their last five games, the Catamounts have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.0, up from 4.6 for the season.