The Cincinnati Bearcats (6-2) will travel to the Cintas Center to square off with the Xavier Musketeers (8-1). Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Cincinnati Bearcats at Xavier Musketeers ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Musketeers defeated the Green Bay Phoenix 84-71, while the Bearcats beat the Vermont Catamounts 82-73.
Cincinnati played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.415 (above their season average of 0.315) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.566 (above their season average of 0.499). For those same stats, Vermont put up marks of 0.164 and 0.516, respectively. Xavier, on the other hand, dominated every facet of their game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.261 (above their season average of 0.225) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 33.3). For those same stats, Green Bay was 0.179 and 31.8, respectively. Xavier was led by Tyrique Jones, who recorded 14 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Keith Williams played a pivotal role for Cincinnati with 23 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Bearcats won the sole game between these two teams last year, 62-47. The Bearcats’ 7.2 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Musketeers, who had a mark of 17.9.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Xavier. Since the 2018-19 season, Xavier ranks 238th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Cincinnati has forced the 94th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.8 percent). Furthermore, the Bearcats, who rank 30th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.276), will face a difficult challenge against the Musketeers, who rank 47th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.182).
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Xavier Musketeers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Cincinnati, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Cincinnati ranks second in steals allowed per game (4.3) while Xavier ranks 186th (6.8).
- The Bearcats rank 135th in assists per game (13.5) while the Musketeers rank 189th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Cincinnati is 29th in the country with 31.8 rebounds allowed per game while Xavier is 54th with 32.8 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Musketeers rank 188th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while the Bearcats rank 263rd (19.4).
- Cincinnati ranks 40th in blocks per game (4.4) while Xavier ranks 104th (3.7).