It figures to be a low-scoring affair as the Cincinnati Bearcats (11-7, 4-2 AAC) head to Temple to play the Owls (10-7, 2-4 AAC). The game can be seen on ESPNews at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Temple Owls Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Owls fell to the SMU Mustangs, 68-52, while the Bearcats had no trouble getting past the East Carolina Pirates, 82-57.
Cincinnati dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 18.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 (above their season average of 31.9). East Carolina was 21.8 and 28.6, respectively, for those same stats. Temple, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (10-13; 76.9 percent). Jake Forrester played well for Temple with 14 points and seven rebounds. Tre Scott led the way for Cincinnati, finishing with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
The Bearcats won the only game between these two teams last year, 72-68. Cincinnati won the rebounding battle. The Bearcats had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. three), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 19) and total rebounds (46 vs. 22). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Temple might struggle to score as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. Cincinnati currently ranks 46th in defensive efficiency, while the Owls rank 313th in offensive efficiency.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Temple Owls ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Temple, O/U – Over
- Cincinnati ranks 55th in rebounds per game (38.8) while Temple ranks 241st in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Bearcats average 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. The Owls rank 142nd in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- Temple averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 41st in the country. Cincinnati ranks 127th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Bearcats rank 96th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while the Owls rank 260th (26.8).
- Cincinnati averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. Temple ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.2 points per game (6.9 below their season average).
- The Owls have been outscored by an average of 9.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Temple has defeated opponents by an average of 4.3 points.