The Ohio State Buckeyes welcome the Cincinnati Bearcats to Value City Arena to get their seasons going. The game starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Odds
Cincinnati went to the tournament last season after a 23-6 regular season campaign that earned them a seven seed in the tournament. They were defeated in the First Round by the Iowa Hawkeyes. Meanwhile, Ohio State reached the Second Round last season as an 11 seed in the tournament, where the Houston Cougars defeated them. The Buckeyes went 18-13 in the regular season.
The Bearcats were 23-6 straight up (SU) and 18-15 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Cincinnati’s 32 games that accepted bets last season, 19 finished under the projected point total.
The Buckeyes, on the other hand, owned records of 18-13 SU and 15-15-2 ATS last season. Games involving Ohio State had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (65.6 percent).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Ohio State ranked 299th in possessions per game (66.5) and Cincinnati was 340th (64.8) last season.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Cincinnati ranks 38th in blocks per game (4.4) while Ohio State ranks 210th (2.4).
- The Bearcats rank 16th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Buckeyes rank 88th (33.5).
- Cincinnati ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Ohio State ranks 64th (11.7).
- The Bearcats rank first in steals allowed per game (3.8) while the Buckeyes rank 135th (6.2).
- Ohio State ranks 181st in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Cincinnati ranks 280th (19.2).