The 25th-ranked Houston Cougars (21-7, 11-4 AAC) and their phenomenal offense welcome the Cincinnati Bearcats (18-9, 11-4 AAC) and their superb defense. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Houston Cougars ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cougars lost a close one to the Memphis Tigers, 60-59, while the Bearcats edged the Wichita State Shockers, 67-64.
The Bearcats had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.257) and held the Shockers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.383 (below their season average of 0.469). Houston, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.5 vs. 31.1). Caleb Mills played well for Houston, finishing with 21 points. Cincinnati was led by Jarron Cumberland, who finished with 24 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Scott led the Bearcats to a 64-62 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Cincinnati had a much better free throw rate (0.432 vs. 0.141). Houston, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 vs. 25.9).
This battle pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Houston ranks 41st in offensive efficiency and Cincinnati is 47th in defensive efficiency.
Cincinnati at Houston Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Cincinnati, ATS Winner – Cincinnati, O/U – Under
- Houston ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Cincinnati ranks 163rd (3.9).
- The Cougars rank fourth in rebounds per game (41.5) while the Bearcats rank 103rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- The Cougars rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Bearcats rank 164th (6.8).
- Cincinnati ranks 31st in assists per game (15.1) while Houston ranks 139th (13.2).
- The Cougars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 10.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (8.3 above their season average).