The Chicago State Cougars (2-13), who are currently on a nine-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Kohl Center to square off with the Wisconsin Badgers (6-7). Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Chicago State Cougars vs. Wisconsin Badgers Betting Preview
The Cougars fell to the SIUE Cougars in their last contest, 88-76. Chicago State’s Glen Burns had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. SIUE did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (17-24; 70.8 percent). Chicago State, meanwhile, held SIUE to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below their season average of 29.9).
The last time the Badgers played, they dismantled the Green Bay Phoenix, 81-60. Ethan Happ played well for Wisconsin, contributing 14 points and eight rebounds. Wisconsin played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 46.4 (above their season average of 26.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.516). Green Bay was 15.6 and 0.460, respectively, for those same stats.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this showdown. Chicago State has preferred to play fast (66th in possessions per game), while Wisconsin has been more half-court-oriented (347th in possessions per game).
Of Chicago State’s 1 games that accepted bets, one have finished under the O/U total, while 6 of Wisconsin’s 12 games have finished over the O/U total. The Badgers come into this game with a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-7 SU and 4-8 ATS, while the Cougars are 2-13 SU and 1-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Badgers won the sole game played against each other last season, 69-51. The Badgers dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 48.5 and a free throw rate of 0.207. For those same stats, the Cougars were 9.1 and 0.137, respectively.
Chicago State Cougars at Wisconsin Badgers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
- The Badgers rank 121st in blocks per game (3.1) while the Cougars rank 165th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Wisconsin is 3-4 ATS at home, while Chicago State is 1-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 1 of the Cougars 2 road games, while 6 of the Badgers 7 home games have gone over.
- Wisconsin ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while Chicago State ranks 209th (38.1).
- The Badgers rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while the Cougars rank 190th (23.9).
- Wisconsin ranks 50th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Chicago State ranks 232nd (18.5).
- Wisconsin is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago State is 0-1 ATS with 1 under.
- The Badgers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Wisconsin has defeated opponents by an average of 2.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 58.4 points per game (8.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 89.0 points per game (3.1 above their season average).