The Chicago State Cougars (2-9), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to Athletics Center Orena to meet the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (5-4). Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Chicago State Cougars at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Preview
In the Cougars last matchup, they got blown out by the Northern Illinois Huskies, 95-77. With 19 points on 7-for-17 shooting, Fred Sims Jr. led Chicago State in scoring. Northern Illinois had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 14.5). Chicago State, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent).
The Golden Grizzlies are trying to rebound after their 95-89 loss to the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last contest. With 21 points, 10 rebounds and five assists, Jalen Hayes had a solid outing for Oakland. One of Eastern Michigan’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 30 free throw attempts, while Oakland had 24.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Oakland figures to have a significant edge. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Golden Grizzlies defense ranks 57th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.472), while the Chicago State offense ranks 344th in effective field goal percentage (0.445). Also, the Cougars rank 285th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.214), while the Golden Grizzlies rank 42nd in opponents FTA rate (0.199).
The Golden Grizzlies won the lone contest against the Cougars last season, 107-79. The Golden Grizzlies played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.380. For those same stats, the Cougars were 4.5 and 0.262, respectively.
Chicago State Cougars at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 76th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while the Cougars rank 293rd (25.7).
- Chicago State ranks 87th in steals per game (6.8) while Oakland ranks 209th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Oakland averages 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. Chicago State ranks 301st in assists allowed per game (17.7).
- The Golden Grizzlies average 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. The Cougars rank 303rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).
- Oakland ranks 33rd in blocks per game (5.0) while Chicago State ranks 252nd (2.2).