The Chicago State Cougars (4-22, 0-11 WAC) head to Grand Canyon University Arena to challenge the Grand Canyon Antelopes (11-13, 6-4 WAC). The Cougars will try to snap their six-game losing streak. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Chicago State Cougars at Grand Canyon Antelopes Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Antelopes beat the Kansas City Roos, 71-66, while the Cougars were beaten by the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 64-54.
Getting to the charity stripe was one of Grand Canyon’s biggest advantages. They made 36 trips to the line, 28 more than Kansas City. Chicago State, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent). Grand Canyon was led by Jovan Blacksher Jr., who recorded 17 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. Andrew Lewis had a good outing for Chicago State, putting up 23 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Alessandro Lever led the Antelopes to a 78-64 victory. He scored a game-high 25 points. Getting to the free throw line was one of Grand Canyon’s largest advantages. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Chicago State had 16.
Grand Canyon could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Grand Canyon ranks 59th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.2 percent), while Chicago State forces the 53rd-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent).
Chicago State Cougars at Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
- Chicago State ranks 153rd in blocks per game (2.7) while Grand Canyon ranks 227th (1.3).
- The Antelopes rank 241st in rebounds per game (32.9) while the Cougars rank 283rd (29.8).
- The Antelopes rank 209th in assists allowed per game (14.3) while the Cougars rank 256th (17.1).
- Chicago State ranks 195th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9) while Grand Canyon ranks 240th (24.2).
- The Antelopes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 54.2 points per game (5.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (5.9 below their season average).