The UMBC Retrievers (1-3) will be at home in Retriever Activities Center when they square off against the Chicago State Cougars (2-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Chicago State Cougars vs. UMBC Retrievers ATS Preview
The last time the Cougars played, they won big over the East-West University Phantoms, 113-65. Deionte Simmons led Chicago State in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Chicago State played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 49.1 (above their season average of 26.4) and a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 18.1). For those same stats, East-West University was 22.0 and 19.1, respectively.
The Retrievers are trying to rebound after their 93-88 loss to the Colgate Raiders in their last matchup. Jairus Lyles was UMBCs leading scorer with 26 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Colgate had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 17.2). UMBC, on the other hand, held the Raiders to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 22.5).
UMBC could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense squares off against one of the nations worst defenses. The Retrievers rank 43rd in offensive efficiency, while Chicago State ranks 326th in defensive efficiency since last season.
Chicago State Cougars at UMBC Retrievers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Retrievers rank 168th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while the Cougars rank 321st (40.4).
- Chicago State averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 56th in the nation. UMBC ranks 89th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- UMBC ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Chicago State ranks 298th in three pointers allowed per game (25.2).
- The Retrievers rank 85th in assists per game (14.8) while the Cougars rank 310th in assists allowed per game (17.5).
- UMBC ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Chicago State ranks 244th (4.3).