The No. 13 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) will be at home in Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center when they take on the Chicago State Cougars (1-2). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Chicago State Cougars vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Odds Preview
In the Cougars last game, they won big over the Silver Lake Lakers, 101-53. Anthony Harris was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Chicago State played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545. For those same stats, Silver Lake recorded marks of 38.3 and 0.356, respectively.
The Fighting Irish hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Mount St. Marys Mountaineers in their last game, 88-62. Notre Dame was lifted by Bonzie Colson, who was the games high scorer with 27 points on 11-for-15 shooting. Notre Dame played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.286 and a turnover percentage of 7.8. Mount St. Marys was 0.049 and 17.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Notre Dame could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Fighting Irish rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while Chicago State ranks 328th in defensive efficiency since last season. Also, the Cougars, who rank 301st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.212), will face off against the Fighting Irish, who rank 29th in opponents FTA rate (0.193).
The Fighting Irish won the only contest against the Cougars last season, 91-60. The Fighting Irish played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 and a turnover percentage of 13.6. The Cougars had marks of 25.6 and 19.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Chicago State Cougars at Notre Dame Fighting Irish ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Irish rank 175th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while the Cougars rank 311th (40.3).
- Notre Dame ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Chicago State ranks 132nd (6.1).
- Notre Dame ranks 43rd in assists per game (15.8) while Chicago State ranks 311th in assists allowed per game (17.7).
- The Fighting Irish rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while the Cougars rank 302nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- Notre Dame ranks 101st in blocks per game (3.8) while Chicago State ranks 258th (2.1).