The Toronto Raptors (5-4) will be at home in Air Canada Centre when they go head-to-head with the Chicago Bulls (2-6). Toronto is an 11-point favorite on the opening line while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 200.5 points. Action gets underway at at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 7, 2017, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Chicago Bulls vs. Toronto Raptors Odds Preview
The Bulls were beaten by the New Orleans Pelicans, 96-90, in their last matchup. Chicago’s Jerian Grant put together a good game, recording 13 points, nine assists and eight rebounds. New Orleans did a terrific job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, held the Pelicans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.6 (below their season average of 22.0).
In the Raptors’ last matchup, they were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 107-96. DeMar DeRozan led Toronto in scoring with 26 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Washington had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.9 vs. 20.5). Toronto, meanwhile, forced the Wizards into a turnover percentage of 15.2 (above their season average of 12.0).
The high-octane offense of Toronto will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Chicago. Dating back to last season, the Raptors rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while the Bulls are 17th in defensive efficiency. The Raptors should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Bulls have committed the fourth-fewest errors in the league (turnover percentage of 13.6 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of the Raptors has caused the fourth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.6 percent).
Chicago games have finished under 75.0 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games including Toronto have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raptors have a substantial advantage. They are 5-4 SU and 6-3 ATS, while the Bulls are 2-6 SU and 4-3-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 241 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 206.5. The Raptors won 123-118, but were unable to cover as 14-point favorites. Chicago had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.7 vs. 12.2). Toronto, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (8.8 vs. 10.9). In the loss, Jonas Valanciunas had a double-double with 23 points and 15 rebounds.
Chicago Bulls vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raptors average 44.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Bulls rank 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.9).
- Toronto ranks fifth in blocks per game (4.9) while Chicago ranks 15th (4.8).
- Toronto ranks fifth in steals per game (8.2) while Chicago ranks 19th (7.7).
- Toronto is 31-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Chicago is 29-9.
- The Raptors are 48-21 when they score above 100 points, while the Bulls are 37-16.
- The Bulls rank sixth in second chance points per game (14.5) while the Raptors rank 19th in second chance points allowed per game (12.6).
- Toronto ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Chicago ranks 26th (23.3).
- The Raptors rank second in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while the Bulls rank 21st (15.3).
- The Raptors average 18.9 assists per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Bulls rank 24th in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Chicago ranks eighth in fast break points per game (12.9) while Toronto ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (11.9).