The league’s top scoring defense will be a 3.5-point favorite at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse, when the Indiana Pacers (2-3) take on the Chicago Bulls (2-4). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214 points and it will air on NBC Sports Chicago at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
Chicago Bulls vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
In the Bulls’ last game, they were victorious over the Detroit Pistons, 112-106, covering as 4-point favorites. The Pacers, meanwhile, defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers,102-95, resulting in a push. The Chicago game finished 3.5 points over the projected point total of 214.5, while the Indiana game went 18 points under the projected point total of 215.
Chicago made 16 of their 40 three pointers (40.0 percent), while Detroit was 6-29 (20.7 percent). Meanwhile, Indiana played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.8 (below their season average of 22.0) and a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 10.8). Cleveland was 6.3 and 14.0, respectively, for those same stats. Indiana received a boost from Domantas Sabonis, who contributed 18 points and 17 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wendell Carter Jr. played a pivotal role for Chicago with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
The Pacers dominated this series last year, winning all four games. In the most recent matchup, Indiana won 105-96. Indiana launched 25 three pointers, making 11 of them (44.0 percent). Chicago was, meanwhile, just 4-25 (16.0 percent).
Vegas is extremely precise when predicting totals of Bulls games, with an even split between overs and unders. Chicago holds records of 2-4 straight up (SU) and 2-4 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has a tendency to place the total high when the Pacers are involved, as 60.0 percent of their games have finished under the projected point total. Further, Indiana is 2-3 SU and 1-3-1 ATS.
Points at the line could be scarce for Indiana in this showdown. The Pacers rank 26th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.181, while Chicago ranks ninth in FTA rate allowed (0.189) since the 2018-19 season. Furthermore, the Bulls rank 29th in offensive efficiency (103.2), while the Pacers rank fourth in defensive efficiency (104.8).
Chicago Bulls at Indiana Pacers ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Neither of these teams shoot many threes. The Bulls are 27th in the NBA with 26.6 three pointers per game while the Pacers are 29th with 25.5 threes per game.
- Indiana ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while Chicago ranks 23rd (15.5).
- The Pacers rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (44.0) while the Bulls rank 25th (46.8).
- Indiana ranks third in steals per game (8.7) while Chicago ranks 18th (7.4).
- Indiana ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while Chicago ranks 26th (5.9).
- The Pacers rank ninth in assists per game (25.6) while the Bulls rank 27th (21.9).
- The Pacers rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.4) while the Bulls rank 17th (49.3).
- Indiana ranks 13th in second chance points per game (13.3) while Chicago ranks last (11.3).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Indiana is 26-6 and Chicago is 8-6.
- The Pacers are 45-19 when they reach 100 points, while the Bulls are 20-39.