The Chicago Bulls (3-13) can snap a six-game road losing streak when they meet the Golden State Warriors (13-5) at ORACLE Arena. Golden State opened as a 19-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 216 points. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Chicago Bulls at Golden State Warriors Betting Preview
The Bulls lost big to the Utah Jazz in their last contest, 110-80. Bobby Portis had a solid performance for Chicago, putting up 14 points and eight rebounds. Utah had a turnover percentage of 6.9 (better than their season average of 14.7). Chicago, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (17-20; 85.0 percent).
The last time the Warriors played, they were dismantled by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 108-91. Stephen Curry was Golden State’s leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Oklahoma City’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Thunder had 13 offensive rebounds and 50 total rebounds, while the Warriors had seven and 39, respectively.
The productive offense of Golden State (first in the league with an offensive efficiency of 113.4) will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Chicago (25th in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 107.7). The Warriors figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Chicago have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while Golden State games have gone over 55.6 percent of the time. The Warriors have the superior straight up (SU) record (13-5 vs. 3-13), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Golden State is 7-11, while Chicago is 6-8-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last game, the Bulls won 94-87. The Bulls dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7. For those same stats, the Warriors were 0.148 and 12.5, respectively.
Chicago Bulls vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while the Bulls rank 29th (14.1).
- Golden State ranks 14th in points in the paint per game (44.0) while Chicago ranks 28th (36.8).
- Golden State ranks sixth in steals per game (8.6) while Chicago ranks 26th (6.8).
- Chicago is 26th in the league with 10.1 second chance points per game while Golden State is 28th with 9.2 second chance points per game.
- Chicago is 4-5-1 ATS on the road, while Golden State is 3-5 ATS at home.
- The Bulls have 5 overs and 5 unders in 10 road games.
- Of the Warriors 8 home games, they have 4 overs and 4 unders.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Chicago is 2-4 and Golden State is 2-1.
- The Bulls are 2-4 when they reach the century mark, while the Warriors are 12-3.
- The Warriors rank seventh in rebounds per game (45.6) while the Bulls rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (46.1).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks per game (8.9) while Chicago ranks 26th (3.2).
- The Warriors rank first in fast break points per game (23.7) while the Bulls rank 26th (7.9).
- The Bulls average 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Warriors rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.8) while Chicago ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Golden State is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 96.2 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.5 above their season average).