The Chicago Bulls (1-3), 2-point favorites, will be at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse to meet the Cleveland Cavaliers (1-2) in a Central Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 219.5 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Chicago Bulls vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Cavaliers (15.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 129-112, while the Bulls (2-point favorites) fell to the New York Knicks, 105-98. The Cleveland game went 16.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5, while the Chicago game finished 21.5 points under the projected point total of 224.5.
Chicago had a much better turnover percentage (8.7 vs. 13.9) while Cleveland had a better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 10.5). Tristan Thompson played well for Cleveland, recording 17 points and 13 rebounds. Chicago received a boost from Wendell Carter Jr., who contributed 20 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulls edged out the Cavaliers in this series last year, taking three out of four games. In the last game, Cleveland won 104-101. The Cavaliers’ 23.5 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bulls, who had a mark of 16.7.
Since last season, the Bulls are 23-63 straight up (SU) and 41-41-4 against the spread (ATS). A little over half of Chicago games have finished over the projected point total since last season.
On the other hand, the Cavaliers, are 20-65 SU and 43-62-2 ATS since last season. Cleveland’s games have gone under the O/U total 51.4 percent of the time over that same stretch.
Getting to the line might be hard to find for Cleveland in this battle. The Cavaliers rank 22nd in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.185, while Chicago ranks seventh in FTA rate allowed (0.188) since last season.
Chicago Bulls vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Neither of these teams are great at blocking the ball. The Bulls are 26th in the NBA with 4.3 blocks per game while the Cavaliers are 29th with 2.4 blocks per game.
- Cleveland ranks 12th in second chance points per game (13.5) while Chicago ranks last (11.1).
- The Bulls rank eighth in points in the paint per game (51.0) while the Cavaliers rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (50.1).
- Chicago ranks 17th in fast break points per game (12.3) while Cleveland ranks 28th (10.5).
- Cleveland ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (29.3) while Chicago ranks 28th (26.3).
- The Cavaliers rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (44.1) while the Bulls rank 26th (46.8).
- The Bulls rank 23rd in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (14.2).
- Chicago is 27th in the NBA with 21.8 assists per game while Cleveland is 29th with 20.7 assists per game.
- Chicago ranks 16th in steals per game (7.5) while Cleveland ranks 29th (6.5).
- When allowing below 100 points, Cleveland is 7-4 and Chicago is 8-6.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Cavaliers are 18-35 and the Bulls are 19-38.