The Brooklyn Nets (19-41), who are currently on an eight-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Chicago Bulls (20-39) to Barclays Center. Brooklyn is a 2.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 26, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Chicago Bulls vs. Brooklyn Nets Free Preview
The Bulls got blown out by the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last game, 122-104. Zach LaVine had a solid game for Chicago, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Minnesota out-rebounded Chicago. The Timberwolves had 10 offensive rebounds and 51 total rebounds, while the Bulls had four and 42, respectively.
In the Nets’ last matchup, they were blown out by the Charlotte Hornets, 111-96. Dante Cunningham was Brooklyn’s leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Charlotte did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-20; 80.0 percent). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.3 vs. 12.8).
Brooklyn figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Nets rank eighth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515), while Chicago is 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.501). Ball security should be an advantage for the Bulls. They rank 5th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.8 percent), while the Nets force the fewest turnovers in the league (opponents’ turnover percentage of 11.9 percent).
Of Chicago’s 59 games, 32 have finished over the O/U total, while 34 of Brooklyn’s 60 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have poor straight up (SU) records (20-39 for Chicago; 19-41 for Brooklyn), but the Nets hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Brooklyn is 33-26-1 ATS, while the Bulls are 30-26-3.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Bulls, it’s been Bobby Portis, who has averaged 19.8 points and 5.2 rebounds, while the Nets have gotten great contributions from Spencer Dinwiddie (14.8 points, 8.6 assists and 1.8 steals).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Bulls won three out of four games played against each other last season. In the last contest, Chicago won 112-73. The Bulls played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.9 and a turnover percentage of 10.3. The Nets were 17.2 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Chicago Bulls at Brooklyn Nets Odds Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Nets rank 25th (13.3).
- Chicago ranks 24th in steals per game (7.0) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (6.1).
- Chicago ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Brooklyn ranks last (5.8).
- On the road, Chicago is 15-13-1 ATS with 18 overs and 11 unders.
- At home, Brooklyn is 15-14-1 ATS with 17 unders and 13 overs.
- Chicago is 6-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 11-1.
- The Bulls are 18-19 when they score over 100 points, while the Nets are 15-26.
- The Nets rank 16th in points in the paint per game (43.7) while the Bulls rank 26th (41.2).
- Brooklyn ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (24.8) while Chicago ranks 27th (31.3).
- The Nets rank fourth in rebounds per game (45.1) while the Bulls rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The Bulls rank 29th in points off turnovers per game (14.3) while the Nets rank last (14.1).
- Brooklyn ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (21.2) while Chicago ranks 27th (25.3).
- Brooklyn is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average).