The Chicago Bulls (10-26) will travel to Scotiabank Arena to square off with the Toronto Raptors (26-11). The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018, and will air on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
The Bulls beat the Washington Wizards in their last matchup, 101-92, despite being 4.5-point underdogs. The Raptors, on the other hand, were blown out by the Orlando Magic, 116-87, and failed to cover as 4.5-point underdogs. The Chicago game went 19 points under the projected point total of 212, while the Toronto game went 4 points under the projected point total of 207.
Chicago dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.177) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.519 (above their season average of 0.498). Washington recorded marks of 0.176 and 0.453, respectively, for those same stats. Toronto, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.4 vs. 12.7). Serge Ibaka had a good outing for Toronto, putting up 17 points and eight rebounds. Wendell Carter Jr. played a key role for Chicago with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, VanVleet led the Raptors to a 122-83 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 18 points. Toronto covered as a 9.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 205 points, which was under the projected point total of 214.5. Toronto had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (22.9 vs. 13.2). Chicago, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent).
Oddsmakers tend to place the total high when the Bulls are playing, as 24 of their 36 contests have ended under the O/U total. Chicago holds records of 10-26 straight up (SU) and 17-18-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Chicago, games including the Raptors have typically gone over the O/U total (56.8 percent). Toronto has an excellent 26-11 SU record, but they are just 16-20-1 ATS.
The Bulls’ Kris Dunn has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 15 points,6.8 assists,6.0 rebounds,1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Fred VanVleet has averaged 15 points,4.4 assists during that same time frame for the Raptors.
The high-octane offense of Toronto (third in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 111.1) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Chicago (16th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 107.9). The Raptors should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Chicago Bulls at Toronto Raptors Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank 16 in assists per game (24.135135135135137) while the Bulls rank 25 (21.666666666666668).
- Toronto ranks third in fast break points per game (17.8) while Chicago ranks 21st (11.0).
- The Raptors rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (33.5) while the Bulls rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (32.8).
- Toronto ranks 14th in rebounds per game (45.2) while Chicago ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (47.9).
- Toronto ranks 9 in points off turnovers per game (17.72972972972973) while Chicago ranks 19 in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.22222222222222).
- The Raptors rank 11th in second chance points per game (13.8) while the Bulls rank 27th (9.1).
- The Raptors rank 5 in steals allowed per game (7.108108108108108) while the Bulls rank 17 (8.13888888888889).
- Toronto averages 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Chicago ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- Toronto is 7-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Chicago is 6-4.
- The Raptors are 24-8 when they reach 100 points, while the Bulls are 6-11.
- Chicago is 8-9-1 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 7-10 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 11 of the Raptors’ 17 home games, while 11 of the Bulls’ 18 road games have gone under.
- The Bulls are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls have outscored opponents by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Chicago has lost by an average of 9.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average).