The Phoenix Suns (6-11) will be at home in Talking Stick Resort Arena when they clash with the Chicago Bulls (3-10). Phoenix is a 2.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The last time the Bulls played, they won a close one over the Charlotte Hornets, 123-120. With 22 points, seven assists and five rebounds, Kris Dunn had a good outing for Chicago. The Bulls had 9 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.463).
The Suns will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Los Angeles Lakers in their last matchup, 122-113. Phoenix rallied around Alex Len, who recorded 17 points and 18 rebounds. The Suns forced 19 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.534 (above their season average of 0.486).
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this contest. Phoenix prefers to play fast (third in possessions per game), while Chicago likes to grind-it-out (23rd in possessions per game).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Chicago have gone under 61.5 percent of the time, while Phoenix games have finished over 58.8 percent of the time. The Suns hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (6-11 vs. 3-10), but the Bulls have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (6-5-2 vs. 7-10).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bulls won the last contest 128-121. The Bulls played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.7 and a free throw rate of 0.245. The Suns were 14.8 and 0.161, respectively, for those same stats.
Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Suns rank sixth in rebounds per game (46.2) while the Bulls rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (45.5).
- Phoenix ranks 22nd in points off turnovers per game (16.1) while Chicago ranks 27th (14.6).
- Phoenix ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.2) while Chicago ranks 25th (9.4).
- Chicago averages 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (27.6).
- Phoenix is 3-7 ATS at home, while Chicago is 4-2-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Bulls 7 road games, while 5 of the Suns 10 home games have gone over.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Chicago is 2-4 and Phoenix is 1-1.
- The Bulls are 2-3 when they reach the century mark, while the Suns are 5-6.
- The Bulls rank 16th in assists per game (21.8) while the Suns rank 28th (19.1).
- Chicago ranks seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (40.5) while Phoenix ranks 27th (50.0).
- The Suns rank eighth in fast break points per game (12.6) while the Bulls rank 28th (7.0).
- The Bulls rank 21st in steals per game (7.4) while the Suns rank 25th (7.2).
- Phoenix ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.4) while Chicago ranks 26th (3.5).
- Phoenix is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Suns average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, down from 9.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 99.4 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.8 points per game (9.6 above their season average).