The Orlando Magic (6-2) will be at home in Amway Center when they go head-to-head against the Chicago Bulls (1-5). Orlando is an 8-point favorite on the opening line while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 205 points. Tip-off is set for at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Chicago Bulls vs. Orlando Magic ATS Preview
The Bulls lost to the Miami Heat, 97-91, in their last outing. Chicago’s Lauri Markkanen had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Miami did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (17-19; 89.5 percent). Chicago, meanwhile, held the Heat to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.0 (below their season average of 20.4).
The Magic will look to maintain momentum after narrowly defeating the Memphis Grizzlies, 101-99, in their last contest. With 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Evan Fournier led Orlando in scoring. Orlando dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 19.3) and a free throw rate of 0.160 (below their season average of 0.206). Memphis was 13.5 and 0.134, respectively, for those same stats.
Orlando may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. Dating back to last season, the Magic rank 27th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.185, while Chicago ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.169).
Chicago games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while games involving Orlando have finished over 50.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Magic have a substantial advantage. They are 6-2 SU and 5-3 ATS, while the Bulls are 1-5 SU and 3-2-1 ATS.
The Bulls won three out of four contests against the Magic last season. In the last matchup, the Bulls won 112-80. The Bulls played a flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.281 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3. For those same stats, the Magic had marks of 0.059 and 12.8, respectively.
Chicago Bulls vs. Orlando Magic ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Magic rank 15th in assists per game (22.5) while the Bulls rank 27th in assists allowed per game (24.0).
- Orlando ranks 10th in fast break points per game (13.7) while Chicago ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.2).
- Chicago ranks 17th in points in the paint per game (42.9) while Orlando ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.2).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Orlando is 18-7 and Chicago is 28-8.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Magic are 29-24 and the Bulls are 36-16.
- The Bulls rank 15th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Magic rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Chicago ranks first in rebounds per game (46.4) while Orlando ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- The Bulls rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.6) while the Magic rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Orlando ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Chicago ranks 28th (23.0).