The winless New York Knicks (0-3) welcome the Chicago Bulls (1-2) to Madison Square Garden. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 223.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports Chicago at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
Both teams did not cover as underdogs in their last outing. The Knicks (5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 118-95, while the Bulls (3-point underdogs) fell to the Toronto Raptors, 108-84. The New York game went 6 points under the projected point total of 219, while the Chicago game finished 27 points under the projected point total of 219.
Chicago had a much better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 19.7) while New York did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (26-34; 76.5 percent). RJ Barrett had a good game for New York, contributing 26 points and seven rebounds. Chicago rallied around Wendell Carter Jr., who contributed 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Knicks edged out the Bulls in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the most recent contest, New York won 96-86. New York won the rebounding battle. The Knicks had 11 offensive rebounds and 61 total rebounds, while the Bulls had six and 50, respectively.
Since last season, the Bulls are 23-62 straight up (SU) and 41-40-4 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of Chicago games have finished over the projected point total since last season.
The Knicks, meanwhile, have records of 17-68 SU and 40-45 ATS since last season. Just over half of New York’s games have finished over the projected point total over that same period.
Chicago Bulls at New York Knicks Betting Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Bulls rank 27th in assists per game (21.8) while the Knicks rank last (20.0).
- New York ranks 12th in second chance points per game (13.4) while Chicago ranks last (11.1).
- The Knicks rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (12.1) while the Bulls rank 11th (13.4).
- New York ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while Chicago ranks 28th (26.2).
- Chicago ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.6) while New York ranks 28th (47.5).
- The Bulls rank seventh in points in the paint per game (51.0) while the Knicks rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (50.5).
- The Bulls rank 22nd in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while the Knicks rank 26th (15.0).
- New York averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Chicago ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, New York is 4-1 and Chicago is 8-6.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Knicks are 16-39 and the Bulls are 19-38.