The Miami Heat (2-4) will be at home in AmericanAirlines Arena when they meet the Chicago Bulls (1-4). Action gets underway at at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls at Miami Heat Free Preview
In the Bulls last game, they were blown out by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 101-69. With 15 points on 3-for-7 shooting, Lauri Markkanen led Chicago in scoring. Oklahoma City had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 14.1). Chicago, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (15-20; 75.0 percent).
The Heat are hoping for a better outcome after their 125-122 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last outing. Dion Waiters was the games leading scorer with 33 points on 14-for-28 shooting. Minnesota did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (32-35; 91.4 percent). Miami, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 17.6).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams square off. Miami ranks 21st in possessions per game (97.7) and Chicago is 23rd (97.4) since last season. Furthermore, the Bulls 21st-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 104.4) will face a difficult challenge against the Heats fifth-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 105.0).
Games featuring Chicago have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while Miami games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time. The Heat hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (2-4 vs. 1-4), but the Bulls have been better against the spread (ATS) (2-2-1 vs. 0-4-2).
The Bulls won two out of three matchups against the Heat last season. In the last game, the Bulls won 98-95. Converting at the free throw line was one of Chicagos largest strengths. They were 18-20 (90.0 percent), while the Heat were just 10-15 (66.7 percent).
Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulls rank first in rebounds per game (46.4) while the Heat rank 16th (43.5).
- Miami averages 45.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Chicago ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.1).
- Miami ranks third in blocks per game (5.8) while Chicago ranks 16th (4.8).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Miami is 24-15 and Chicago is 28-7.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Heat are 38-16 and the Bulls are 36-16.
- The Bulls rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.6) while the Heat rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Miami ranks second in assists allowed per game (19.5) while Chicago ranks 27th (24.0).
- The Heat rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while the Bulls rank 28th (22.9).
- The Heat rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while the Bulls rank 10th (15.5).
- Miami ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (10.0) while Chicago ranks 16th (13.3).