The Chicago Bulls (2-6) will travel to State Farm Arena to meet the Atlanta Hawks (3-3). The game can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Chicago Bulls at Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
In the Hawks’ last outing, they defeated the San Antonio Spurs, 108-100, as 7-point underdogs. The Bulls, on the other hand, were defeated by the Los Angeles Lakers, 118-112, and were not able to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Atlanta game went 7.5 points under the projected point total of 215.5, while the Chicago game went 13 points over the projected point total of 217.
The Hawks had an effective field goal percentage of 0.539 (above their season average of 0.512) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (23.1 vs. 22.0). Chicago, meanwhile, made 14 of their 32 three pointers (43.8 percent). Atlanta rallied around Trae Young, who contributed 29 points and 13 assists. Meanwhile, Zach LaVine had a solid performance for Chicago, contributing 26 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the most recent game, the Hawks won 123-118. The Hawks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bulls. Atlanta had a rate of 25.0, while Chicago posted a mark of 20.5.
Vegas has a tendency to set the total high when the Bulls are involved, as four of their seven contests have finished under the O/U total. Chicago comes into the contest with records of 2-6 straight up (SU) and 2-5 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Chicago, Hawks games also tend to finish under the total (100.0 percent). Additionally, Atlanta owns records of 3-3 SU and 3-2 ATS.
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the fast-paced Hawks will look to push the slower-paced Bulls. Since the 2018-19 season, the Hawks rank first in possessions per game while the Bulls are 16th.
Chicago Bulls at Atlanta Hawks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Hawks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Hawks rank 14th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Bulls rank 27th (4.2).
- Atlanta ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (36.6) while Chicago ranks 27th (26.7).
- The Hawks rank seventh in assists per game (25.7) while the Bulls rank 27th (22.0).
- Chicago ranks 10th in fast break points allowed per game (13.2) while Atlanta ranks 27th (16.0).
- Atlanta ranks 11th in rebounds per game (46.0) while Chicago ranks 26th (42.8).
- The Hawks rank eighth in second chance points per game (14.0) while the Bulls rank last (11.3).
- The Bulls rank 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5) while the Hawks rank 29th (20.8).
- Atlanta averages 51.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Chicago ranks 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.4).
- Chicago ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.3) while Atlanta ranks last (9.9).
- Atlanta is 4-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Chicago is 8-6.
- The Bulls are 20-40 when they score over 100 points, while the Hawks are 31-44.