A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the UNCG Spartans (12-2, 1-0 SoCon) when they welcome the Chattanooga Mocs (6-8, 1-0 SoCon) to Greensboro Coliseum. The game gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. UNCG Spartans Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Spartans defeated the North Carolina A&T Aggies 74-66, while the Mocs beat the Charlotte 49ers 80-69.
Chattanooga played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.6 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.573. For those same stats, Charlotte was 17.8 and 0.520, respectively. The Spartans, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (54.3 vs. 41.0) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.523 vs. 0.509). UNCG was lifted by Francis Alonso, who had 23 points and six rebounds. Jerry Johnson Jr., meanwhile was a key piece for Chattanooga with 18 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Spartans won 72-51. The Spartans’ 11.3 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Mocs, who had a mark of 24.2. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Alonso has really been playing well recently for UNCG, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
The high-octane offense of UNCG (41st in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 114.5) will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Chattanooga (264th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 99.6). The Spartans should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Chattanooga Mocs vs. UNCG Spartans ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UNCG, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
- UNCG ranks 30th in steals per game (8.4) while Chattanooga ranks 161st (4.9).
- The Mocs rank 44th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Spartans rank 64th (20.6).
- The Spartans rank 34th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Mocs rank 99th (11.4).
- UNCG ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Chattanooga ranks 83rd (3.4).
- The Spartans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 15.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mocs have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average).