The Chattanooga Mocs (12-6, 3-2 SoCon) will be at Greensboro Coliseum to go head-to-head with the UNCG Spartans (14-5, 4-2 SoCon) in a SoCon matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Chattanooga Mocs at UNCG Spartans ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Spartans defeated the Citadel Bulldogs 79-69, while the Mocs beat the Wofford Terriers 72-59.
The Mocs held the Terriers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 26.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.519). Meanwhile, UNCG’s 15.6 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Citadel, who had a rate of 35.4. The Spartans’ mark was worse than their season average of 14.2, while the Bulldogs’ was above their season average of 16.8. UNCG received a boost from James Dickey, who had 19 points and 12 rebounds. David Jean-Baptiste was a key piece for Chattanooga with 18 points and six rebounds.
The Spartans dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent matchup, UNCG won 78-63. The Spartans’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Mocs. UNCG had a rate of 9.0, while Chattanooga posted a mark of 29.2. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Spartans currently rank 42nd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 percent), while Chattanooga ranks 42nd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
Chattanooga Mocs vs. UNCG Spartans Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UNCG, ATS Winner – UNCG, O/U – Under
- UNCG ranks sixth in steals per game (10.2) while Chattanooga ranks 226th (4.8).
- The Spartans rank 16th in assists allowed per game (9.7) while the Mocs rank 48th (10.8).
- The Spartans rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Mocs rank 114th (3.7).
- UNCG ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Chattanooga ranks 73rd (24.4).
- The Mocs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.6, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (13.8 above their season average).