A nine-game home winning streak is on the line for the Furman Paladins (15-4, 4-3 SoCon) when they square off with the Chattanooga Mocs (10-10, 5-2 SoCon) at Timmons Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Chattanooga Mocs at Furman Paladins Betting Odds
In their last game, the Paladins fell to the Wofford Terriers, 59-54, while the Mocs barely escaped the Citadel Bulldogs, 73-71.
The Mocs had a great free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.178) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.478 (below their season average of 0.557). Furman, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 16.3). Matt Rafferty put together a good performance for Furman with 23 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Kevin Easley led the way for Chattanooga, putting up 22 points and 12 rebounds.
The Paladins dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last contest, Furman won 75-56. Furman had a much better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 23.0). Chattanooga, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The prolific offense of Furman (47th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 112.6) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Chattanooga (214th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 103.3). The Paladins should have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Mocs, who rank 320th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.182), will face off against the Paladins, who rank third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.144).
Chattanooga Mocs vs. Furman Paladins Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
- Furman ranks 12th in steals per game (8.9) while Chattanooga ranks 203rd (4.5).
- The Mocs rank 93rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Paladins rank 180th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).
- The Paladins rank 86th in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Mocs rank 186th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Furman ranks 31st in assists per game (16.3) while Chattanooga ranks 130th (13.7).
- During their last five games, the Paladins have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average).
- The Mocs have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Chattanooga has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.