The Furman Paladins (21-5, 11-2 SoCon) welcome the Chattanooga Mocs (16-10, 7-6 SoCon) to Timmons Arena. The Paladins look to extend their six-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Chattanooga Mocs at Furman Paladins Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Paladins were victorious over the Samford Bulldogs 86-71, while the Mocs won big over the VMI Keydets 86-67.
Chattanooga dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.418 (above their season average of 0.193) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.1 (above their season average of 27.6). For those same stats, VMI was 0.179 and 16.7, respectively. The Paladins, on the other hand, forced 20 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.566). Furman’s Clay Mounce led the way, contributing 25 points and five rebounds. Ramon Vila fueled Chattanooga with 23 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Mike Bothwell led the Paladins to a 73-66 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 27 points. The Paladins’ 10.1 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Mocs, who had a mark of 22.0.
Furman should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Furman ranks 48th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Chattanooga forces the 69th-fewest turnovers (17.7 percent). Also, the Mocs rank 271st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.202), while the Paladins rank 35th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.174).
Chattanooga at Furman ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Over
- Furman ranks 31st in steals per game (8.2) while Chattanooga ranks 224th (4.7).
- The Mocs rank 86th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Paladins rank 186th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- Furman ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Chattanooga ranks 93rd (3.2).
- The Mocs rank 153rd in rebounds per game (35.3) while the Paladins rank 264th (32.1).
- Chattanooga ranks 73rd in assists per game (14.3) while Furman ranks 175th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- During their last five games, the Mocs have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (6.2 above their season average).
- The Paladins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.4, up from 11.8 for the season.