The NBA’s top scoring team will be 14.5-point favorites at home in Fiserv Forum, when the Milwaukee Bucks (16-3) face off with the Charlotte Hornets (8-12). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
Charlotte Hornets at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Odds
The Bucks beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last game, 119-110, despite being 14.5-point underdogs. The Hornets, on the other hand, beat the Detroit Pistons, 110-107, but failed to cover as 4-point favorites. The Milwaukee game finished 10.5 points under the projected point total of 239.5, while the Charlotte game went 2 points over the projected point total of 215.
Charlotte played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 13.9) and a free throw rate of 0.133 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Detroit was 12.4 and 0.120, respectively. The Bucks, meanwhile, made 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 21.6). Milwaukee was lifted by Giannis Antetokounmpo, who contributed 33 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, PJ Washington had a good outing for Charlotte, finishing with 26 points and five rebounds.
The Bucks held the advantage in this series last year, emerging victorious in three out of four games. In the most recent game, Milwaukee won 131-114. Milwaukee won the rebounding battle. The Bucks had 14 offensive rebounds and 55 total rebounds, while the Hornets had six and 35, respectively. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Hornets games, with 10 overs compared to 9 unders. Charlotte comes into the game with records of 8-12 straight up (SU) and 10-9 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is known to set the total low when the Bucks are involved, as 10 of their 19 games have ended over the total. Milwaukee has an outstanding 16-3 SU record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (8-10 ATS).
Milwaukee could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the league’s worst defenses. The Bucks currently rank second in offensive efficiency, while Charlotte ranks 28th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Hornets rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (22.2 percent), while the Bucks rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (81.2 percent).
Charlotte Hornets vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Over
- The Hornets rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (34.9) while the Bucks rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (38.2).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (51.3) while Charlotte ranks last (40.7).
- The Bucks rank third in blocks per game (6.4) while the Hornets rank 25th (4.2).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in second chance points per game (15.1) while Charlotte ranks 25th (11.7).
- Milwaukee averages 24.6 assists per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Charlotte ranks last in assists allowed per game (27.3).
- The Bucks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (40.0) while the Hornets rank 27th (52.5).
- The Bucks average 19.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Hornets rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- Milwaukee ranks second in fast break points per game (17.9) while Charlotte ranks 18th (12.8).
- Milwaukee ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Charlotte ranks 25th (8.8).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Charlotte is 1-0 and Milwaukee is 3-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bucks are 16-3 and the Hornets are 7-7.
- Milwaukee is 3-5 ATS at home, while Charlotte is 5-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Hornets’ 10 road games, while 5 of the Bucks’ 8 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Charlotte and Milwaukee have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Hornets are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 1-4.
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 118.6 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (0.4 below their season average).