The San Antonio Spurs (4-4) will be at home in AT&T Center when they meet the Charlotte Hornets (5-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 199 points with San Antonio opening as a 3-point favorite. Action starts at at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Carolina.
Charlotte Hornets at San Antonio Spurs ATS Preview
The Hornets defeated the Milwaukee Bucks, 126-121, in their last contest. With 17 points and 11 rebounds, Charlotte’s Dwight Howard put together a solid game. Charlotte played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.262 (above their season average of 0.230) and a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 13.1). Milwaukee had marks of 0.132 and 12.5, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Spurs’ last game, they were beat by the Golden State Warriors, 112-92. LaMarcus Aldridge was San Antonio’s leading scorer with 24 points on 8-for-22 shooting. Golden State made 14 of their 28 three pointers (50.0 percent). San Antonio, meanwhile, held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 26.5).
San Antonio could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the league’s worst offenses. Since last season, the Spurs rank fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502), while Charlotte is 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.501).
Games including Charlotte have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while San Antonio games have gone under 50.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Hornets have a clear advantage. They are 5-3 SU and 5-3 ATS, while the Spurs are 4-4 SU and 3-3-1 ATS.
The Spurs won both games against the Hornets last season. In the last contest, the Spurs won 119-114. The Spurs played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.7 and a free throw rate of 0.209. The Hornets had marks of 13.4 and 0.146, respectively, for those same stats.
Charlotte Hornets at San Antonio Spurs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spurs rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.3) while the Hornets rank 24th (44.4).
- San Antonio ranks 18th in fast break points per game (12.0) while Charlotte ranks 28th (9.3).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while Charlotte ranks 26th (14.9).
- Charlotte ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while San Antonio ranks seventh (11.8).
- Charlotte is 23-4 when they allow under 100 points, while San Antonio is 47-7.
- The Spurs are 62-13 when they reach the century mark, while the Hornets are 34-27.
- The Spurs rank 13th in steals per game (7.9) while the Hornets rank 29th (6.8).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (25.4) while Charlotte ranks last (31.7).
- The Spurs rank second in blocks per game (5.8) while the Hornets rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- The Spurs rank 24th in points in the paint per game (41.0) while the Hornets rank 29th (40.1).
- San Antonio ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (21.6) while Charlotte ranks 28th (24.4).