The winless Sacramento Kings (0-4), 8.5-point favorites, welcome the Charlotte Hornets (1-3) to Golden 1 Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 227.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports – California at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Charlotte Hornets vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Kings (5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Denver Nuggets, 101-94, while the Hornets (15.5-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Clippers, 111-96. The Sacramento game finished 22 points under the projected point total of 217, while the Charlotte game went 20 points under the projected point total of 227.
Charlotte forced Los Angeles into a turnover percentage of 18.5 (above their season average of 13.0) while Sacramento held Denver to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.477). Richaun Holmes put together a good outing for Sacramento with 24 points and 13 rebounds. Charlotte, meanwhile, was led by Cody Zeller, who contributed 14 points and 13 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last matchup, the Hornets won 114-95. Charlotte made good use of their 29 trips to the free throw line, converting on 25 of them (86.2 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, was just 6-13 (46.2 percent).
Since last season, the Hornets are 40-46 straight up (SU) and 35-47-4 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Charlotte games since last season with 43 overs compared to 42 unders.
The Kings, meanwhile, have records of 39-47 SU and 39-44-3 ATS since last season. Sacramento’s games have had a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total over that same period (52.3 percent).
Sacramento could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this contest. The Kings rank 28th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.178, while Charlotte ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.179) dating back to last season. Moreover, the Hornets have committed the second-fewest errors in the league (turnover percentage of 11.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of the Kings has caused the fifth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.5 percent).
Hornets at Kings Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Hornets rank 17th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6) while the Kings rank 26th (14.3).
- Charlotte ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (34.1) while Sacramento ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (34.6).
- The Kings rank 12th in assists per game (25.1) while the Hornets rank 26th in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- Sacramento ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (51.1) while Charlotte ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.7).
- Charlotte ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (45.9) while Sacramento ranks last (47.8).
- The Kings rank first in fast break points per game (20.4) while the Hornets rank 20th (12.1).
- The Kings rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1) while the Hornets rank 29th (6.0).
- Sacramento ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Charlotte ranks 17th (16.1).
- Charlotte is 12-4 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Sacramento is 10-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Kings are 37-39 and the Hornets are 39-31.