The Charlotte Hornets (8-9) will attempt to snap the six-game winning streak of Cleveland when they travel to Quicken Loans Arena to meet the Cavaliers (11-7). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Charlotte Hornets at Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Preview
The Hornets were victorious over the Washington Wizards in their last matchup, 129-124. Dwight Howard was Charlotte’s leading scorer with 26 points on 10-for-13 shooting. Charlotte played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.363 (above their season average of 0.236) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2 (above their season average of 21.3). Washington had marks of 0.172 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Cavaliers last matchup, they beat the Brooklyn Nets, 119-109. With 33 points on 11-for-17 shooting, LeBron James was the top scorer from either team. The Cavaliers forced 19 turnovers, while the Nets had a free throw rate of 0.136 (below their season average of 0.235).
Cleveland should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Cavaliers rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Charlotte ranks 14th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Hornets rank first in turnover percentage (13.1 percent), while the Cavaliers rank 23rd in opponents turnover percentage (14.0 percent).
Of Charlotte’s 17 games, nine have finished over the O/U total, while 12 of Cleveland’s 18 games have finished over the projected point total. The Cavaliers have the better straight up (SU) record (11-7 vs. 8-9), but the Hornets hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (8-8-1 vs. 6-11-1).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 222 points, just over the projected point total of 217.5. The Cavaliers won 115-107, covering as 1-point favorites. Cleveland had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.7 vs. 18.6). Charlotte, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.221 vs. 0.189). James was the games leading scorer with 31 points.
Charlotte Hornets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Over
- The Hornets rank 15th in assists allowed per game (22.5) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (25.4).
- Charlotte ranks 10th in second chance points per game (13.1) while Cleveland ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.4).
- Charlotte ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Cleveland ranks 11th (7.8).
- On the road, Charlotte is 1-6-1 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Cleveland is 0-8-1 ATS at home with 6 overs and 3 unders.
- Charlotte is 4-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Cleveland is 3-0.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Cavaliers are 11-5 and the Hornets are 8-4.
- The Hornets average 43.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.1).
- Cleveland ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (31.3) while Charlotte ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (31.9).
- The Cavaliers rank 12th in points off turnovers per game (18.1) while the Hornets rank 27th (14.5).
- The Hornets rank 20th in fast break points per game (8.5) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (8.0).
- Charlotte ranks third in rebounds per game (47.5) while Cleveland ranks 18th (42.6).
- Cleveland is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Charlotte is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 115.2 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (3.7 above their season average).