The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (18-8, 11-3 CUSA) welcome the Charlotte 49ers (14-11, 8-6 CUSA) to E.A. Diddle Arena. The Hilltoppers will try to continue their seven-game home winning streak, while the 49ers look to end their six-game road losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Charlotte 49ers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Hilltoppers beat the UTSA Roadrunners, 77-73, while the 49ers fell to the Rice Owls, 70-54.
Western Kentucky dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.397 (above their season average of 0.301) and a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 16.2). UTSA put up marks of 0.145 and 14.1, respectively, for those same stats. Charlotte, on the other hand, forced Rice into a turnover percentage of 26.0 (above their season average of 16.5). Jared Savage played well for Western Kentucky with 24 points and 16 rebounds. Jahmir Young, meanwhile led the way for Charlotte, finishing with 16 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Taveion Hollingsworth led the Hilltoppers to an 80-63 win. He scored a game-high 30 points. Western Kentucky did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (27-31; 87.1 percent). Charlotte, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (18.2 vs. 23.8).
Second-chance opportunities could be hard to come by for Western Kentucky in this meeting. The Hilltoppers rank 271st in offensive rebounding percentage (25.3 percent), while Charlotte ranks 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.1 percent). Moreover, the 49ers rank 38th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.276), while the Hilltoppers rank third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.143).
Charlotte 49ers at Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Western Kentucky, ATS Winner – Western Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Charlotte ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Western Kentucky ranks 194th (36.0).
- The 49ers rank 191st in assists per game (12.3) while the Hilltoppers rank 243rd (11.1).
- Western Kentucky averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 52nd in the country. Charlotte ranks 90th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Hilltoppers rank 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the 49ers rank 173rd (7.1).
- Charlotte ranks 155th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while Western Kentucky ranks 229th (24.1).
- The 49ers have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Charlotte has defeated opponents by an average of 2.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Hilltoppers have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (2.1 below their season average).