The Rice Owls (12-14, 4-9 CUSA) welcome the Charlotte 49ers (14-10, 8-5 CUSA) to Tudor Fieldhouse as the regular season finishes up. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Charlotte 49ers vs. Rice Owls ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Owls lost a winnable game to the Old Dominion Monarchs, 73-70, while the 49ers fell to the North Texas Mean Green, 81-72.
Charlotte had a better free throw rate (0.271 vs. 0.185) while Rice did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Robert Martin played a key role for Rice with 11 points and eight rebounds. Jahmir Young, meanwhile had a solid performance for Charlotte, recording 21 points and five rebounds.
The Owls edged out the 49ers in this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the most recent matchup, Charlotte won 78-70. The 49ers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Owls. Charlotte had a rate of 26.5, while Rice posted a mark of 19.4. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Second-chance opportunities could be rare for Rice in this battle. The Owls rank 288th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 percent), while Charlotte ranks 13th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.3 percent). Moreover, the 49ers, who rank 30th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.282), will face off against the Owls, who rank 56th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.187).
Charlotte 49ers at Rice Owls ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rice, ATS Winner – Rice, O/U – Under
- Rice ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while Charlotte ranks 236th (18.8).
- The Owls rank 83rd in assists per game (14.1) while the 49ers rank 104th in assists allowed per game (12.0).
- The 49ers rank 32nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Owls rank 221st (36.8).
- Charlotte ranks 50th in steals per game (7.7) while Rice ranks 149th (5.9).
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (10.0 above their season average).
- The Owls have outscored opponents by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Rice has lost by an average of 1.3 points.