The Charlotte 49ers (3-11, 0-3 CUSA) and the Florida Atlantic Owls (11-5, 2-1 CUSA) clash at FAU Arena. The 49ers look to snap their six-game losing streak. The game begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Charlotte 49ers at Florida Atlantic Owls ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Owls defeated the Old Dominion Monarchs, 80-73, while the 49ers lost a tough one against the FIU Golden Panthers, 69-66.
Florida Atlantic played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.314 (above their season average of 0.194) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.476). Old Dominion put up marks of 0.193 and 0.544, respectively, for those same stats. Charlotte, meanwhile, held FIU to an effective field goal percentage of 0.432 (below their season average of 0.521). Florida Atlantic received a boost from Xavian Stapleton, who had 23 points. Jon Davis, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Charlotte with 24 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The 49ers won the last game 85-78. Charlotte did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (30-32; 93.8 percent). Florida Atlantic, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 19.4). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Anthony Adger has taken his game to another level recently for Florida Atlantic, averaging 22 points,1.4 steals over the last five games.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Florida Atlantic should have a significant advantage. The Owls defense ranks 76th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473), while the Charlotte offense is ranked 318th in effective field goal percentage (0.464).
Charlotte 49ers at Florida Atlantic Owls Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Florida Atlantic, ATS Winner – Florida Atlantic, O/U – Over
- Florida Atlantic ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Charlotte ranks 254th (18.4).
- The Owls rank 160th in assists per game (13.0) while the 49ers rank 249th (9.1).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 121st in steals per game (6.1) while Charlotte ranks 153rd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- The Owls rank 18th in rebounds per game (40.8) while the 49ers rank 242nd (30.9).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Charlotte ranks 134th (4.2).
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average).
- The 49ers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 8.9 for the season.