It will be a matchup between two superb defenses when the Old Dominion Monarchs (6-12, 2-3 CUSA) go head-to-head against the Charlotte 49ers (10-6, 4-1 CUSA) at Chartway Arena. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Charlotte 49ers at Old Dominion Monarchs Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Monarchs lost a winnable game to the Marshall Thundering Herd, 68-67, while the 49ers fell to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 80-63.
Charlotte forced Western Kentucky into a turnover percentage of 23.8 (above their season average of 16.7) while Old Dominion had an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.3 (above their season average of 30.5). Jason Wade led the way for Old Dominion, putting up 15 points and nine rebounds. Jahmir Young played a key role for Charlotte with 14 points.
In their first matchup this season, Drew Edwards led the 49ers to a 53-47 victory. He recorded 12 points. Charlotte’s 0.244 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Old Dominion, who had a mark of 0.077.
Old Dominion might have difficulty putting up points as they battle against one of the country’s best defenses. Charlotte currently ranks 43rd in defensive efficiency, while the Monarchs rank 332nd in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the 49ers rank 330th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.8 percent), while the Monarchs rank eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.3 percent).
Charlotte at Old Dominion Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Old Dominion, O/U – Under
- Old Dominion ranks 47th in rebounds per game (39.2) while Charlotte ranks 248th (32.9).
- The 49ers rank 207th in assists per game (11.4) while the Monarchs rank 247th (9.1).
- Old Dominion ranks 259th in three pointers attempted per game (18.1) while Charlotte ranks 277th (17.0).
- The Monarchs rank 25th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the 49ers rank 181st (7.8).
- Charlotte ranks 74th in blocks per game (3.8) while Old Dominion ranks 147th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Monarchs have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Old Dominion has been defeated by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the 49ers have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average).