Expect a low-scoring game when the Charlotte 49ers (14-9, 8-4 CUSA) clash with the North Texas Mean Green (16-9, 10-2 CUSA) at The Super Pit. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Charlotte 49ers at North Texas Mean Green ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Mean Green defeated the UAB Blazers 71-64, while the 49ers beat the UTSA Roadrunners 91-84.
The 49ers had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.520) and had a free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.272). Meanwhile, North Texas’ 0.663 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over UAB, who had a rate of 0.500. The Mean Green’s mark was above their season average of 0.561. James Reese had a good game for North Texas, finishing with 11 points. Charlotte, meanwhile, received a boost from Jordan Shepherd, who finished with 26 points and seven rebounds.
The Mean Green won the lone game between these two teams last season, 73-66. North Texas out-rebounded Charlotte. The Mean Green had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (20 vs. 18) and total rebounds (32 vs. 24). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, North Texas should have a considerable advantage. The upper-echelon Mean Green offense ranks seventh in the NCAA in that metric at 0.564, while the Charlotte defense is ranked 207th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.496). Additionally, the 49ers are among the nation’s best at getting to the line, ranking 33rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.282). The Mean Green, meanhwile, rank 311th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.279).
Charlotte vs. North Texas Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
- North Texas ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Charlotte ranks 158th (22.0).
- The Mean Green allow the second-fewest rebounds per game (28.4) while the 49ers rank 31st (31.4).
- The 49ers rank 49th in steals per game (7.8) while the Mean Green rank 160th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- North Texas ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.2) while Charlotte ranks 92nd (11.8).
- During their last five games, the Mean Green have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (5.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (7.3 above their season average).
- The 49ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 4.0 for the season.