The James Madison Dukes welcome the Charlotte 49ers to JMU Convocation Center to start their seasons. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Charlotte 49ers at James Madison Dukes ATS Odds
Charlotte did not make the tournament following an 8-18 regular season last season. James Madison also failed to reach the tournament after a 13-18 regular season campaign.
Last season, the 49ers were 8-18 straight up (SU) and 7-19 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of Charlotte’s games finished over the projected point total.
On the other side, the Dukes were 13-18 SU and 15-14-1 ATS last season. Coinciding with Charlotte, games featuring James Madison had a tendency to finish over the O/U total (56.7 percent).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. James Madison ranked 297th in possessions per game (66.6) and Charlotte was 335th (65.2) in the 2018-19 season.
Charlotte 49ers vs. James Madison Dukes Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – James Madison, ATS Winner – Charlotte, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- James Madison ranks 131st in steals per game (6.4) while Charlotte ranks 254th (4.8).
- The 49ers rank 214th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while the Dukes rank 247th (20.3).
- James Madison blocks 3.1 opponent shots per game, which ranks 154th in the country. Charlotte ranks 179th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Dukes rank 230th in rebounds per game (34.0) while the 49ers rank 308th (30.8).
- James Madison ranks 221st in assists per game (12.2) while Charlotte ranks 296th (9.9).