The USC Upstate Spartans (1-2) will be at home in G.B. Hodge Center when they take on the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (1-2). Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. USC Upstate Spartans ATS Preview
In the Buccaneers last game, they easily got past the Columbia International Rams, 98-58. Travis McConico led Charleston Southern in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Charleston Southern played a nearly perfect game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.8 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. For those same stats, Columbia International was 30.6 and 21.9, respectively.
The Spartans are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-65 loss to the Georgia Bulldogs in their last outing. Mike Cunningham led USC Upstate in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Georgia did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (17-24; 70.8 percent). USC Upstate, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 18.2).
USC Upstate should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Spartans rank 97th in offensive efficiency, while the Buccaneers rank 301st in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Buccaneers rank 59th in turnover percentage (17.0 percent), while the Spartans rank 334th in opponents turnover percentage (15.7 percent).
The Spartans won the sole contest against the Buccaneers last season, 79-77. USC Upstates 0.542 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Charleston Southern, who had a rate of 0.463.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at USC Upstate Spartans ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 38th in rebounds per game (38.8) while the Buccaneers rank 188th (35.4).
- Charleston Southern ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while USC Upstate ranks 102nd (5.8).
- USC Upstate ranks 67th in assists per game (15.2) while Charleston Southern ranks 291st (11.3).
- The Spartans rank 25th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while the Buccaneers rank 216th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).
- USC Upstate ranks third in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Charleston Southern ranks 154th (3.4).