The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (13-13, 7-7 BigSou) will be at Kimmel Arena to challenge the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (11-13, 5-8 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams edged out their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the Longwood Lancers 73-71, while the Buccaneers beat the High Point Panthers 66-63.
Charleston Southern played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.198) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 22.9). For those same stats, High Point was 0.119 and 24.3, respectively. Meanwhile, UNC Asheville’s 0.713 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Longwood, who had a mark of 0.525. The Bulldogs’ mark was above their season average of 0.524. Tajion Jones put together a solid performance for UNC Asheville with 18 points and five rebounds. Charleston Southern, meanwhile, was led by Phlandrous Fleming Jr., who contributed 21 points, 15 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, LJ Thorpe led the Bulldogs to a 71-69 victory. He notched a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. UNC Asheville had a much better turnover percentage (9.2 vs. 18.9). Charleston Southern, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (7-10; 70.0 percent).
UNC Asheville could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense faces off against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Bulldogs rank 53rd in effective field goal percentage (0.530), while Charleston Southern ranks 284th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515).
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at UNC Asheville Bulldogs Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
- UNC Asheville ranks 10th in three pointers allowed per game (16.5) while Charleston Southern ranks 164th (22.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 218th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8) while the Buccaneers rank 256th (38.2).
- Charleston Southern ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while UNC Asheville ranks 61st (2.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 15th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Buccaneers rank 157th (7.0).
- Charleston Southern ranks 129th in assists per game (13.3) while UNC Asheville ranks 211th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Buccaneers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (4.0 above their season average).