The North Carolina A&T Aggies (0-1) get their home schedule underway at Corbett Sports Center against the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (1-0). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. North Carolina A&T Aggies ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Aggies lost big to the UNCG Spartans, 83-50, while the Buccaneers dismantled the Columbia International Rams, 99-71.
Charleston Southern played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 8.0 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0. Columbia International was 26.9 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats. North Carolina A&T, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.348 vs. 0.286). North Carolina A&T received a boost from Ronald Jackson, who finished with 17 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Dontrell Shuler played a key role for Charleston Southern with 22 points and six assists.
The offense of North Carolina A&T will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Charleston Southern. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Aggies rank 230th in offensive efficiency, while the Buccaneers are 50th in defensive efficiency. The Buccaneers should have the advantage on that end of the court. It will also be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Buccaneers rank 49th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Aggies rank 258th.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at North Carolina A&T Aggies Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Charleston Southern ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while North Carolina A&T ranks 255th (20.2).
- The Buccaneers average 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. The Aggies rank 129th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Charleston Southern ranks 150th in blocks per game (3.2) while North Carolina A&T ranks 159th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Buccaneers rank 73rd in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Aggies rank 262nd (33.1).
- Charleston Southern averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 88th in the country. North Carolina A&T ranks 207th in assists allowed per game (13.7).