The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (2-5) will travel to Mizzou Arena to challenge the Missouri Tigers (4-3). The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Missouri Tigers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Tigers lost to the Oklahoma Sooners, 77-66, while the Buccaneers beat the Delaware State Hornets, 71-61.
Charleston Southern played a flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.126) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 25.7). For those same stats, Delaware State was 0.129 and 20.5, respectively. Missouri, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent). Mark Smith had a good performance for Missouri with 18 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Phlandrous Fleming Jr. had a solid performance for Charleston Southern, finishing with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
This could end up being a mistake-prone game for the offense of Missouri. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Missouri ranks 319th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.3 percent), while the pesky defense of Charleston Southern has forced the 24th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.0 percent). This game should be a showdown of conflicting styles. The fast-breaking Buccaneers rank 52nd in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Tigers rank 322nd.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Missouri Tigers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Missouri ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while Charleston Southern ranks 276th (37.2).
- The Buccaneers rank 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while the Tigers rank 152nd (22.6).
- Charleston Southern ranks 185th in blocks per game (3.0) while Missouri ranks 272nd (2.0).
- The Buccaneers rank 44th in steals per game (7.7) while the Tigers rank 277th (5.0).
- Missouri ranks 53rd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Charleston Southern ranks 250th (14.2).