The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (8-9, 2-3 BigSou) will be at the Millis Center to take on the High Point Panthers (4-13, 1-3 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at High Point Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Panthers won a close one over the UNC Asheville Bulldogs 68-66, while the Buccaneers beat the Campbell Fighting Camels 77-62.
The Buccaneers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.470, had an absurd mark of 0.682 and had a turnover percentage of 15.2 (better than their season average of 18.0). The Panthers, on the other hand, had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 33.1), while the Bulldogs had a free throw rate of 0.127 (below their season average of 0.179). High Point’s Eric Coleman Jr. led the way, recording 15 points and five rebounds. Phlandrous Fleming Jr. played a key role for Charleston Southern with 21 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Panthers won the only game between these two teams last season, 51-50. High Point’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Charleston Southern. The Panthers had a rate of 0.326, while the Buccaneers posted a mark of 0.048. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Look for High Point to dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Panthers rank 44th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while Charleston Southern ranks 298th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent).
Charleston Southern vs. High Point Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Over
- High Point ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Charleston Southern ranks 236th (38.0).
- The Buccaneers average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 123rd in the nation. The Panthers rank 188th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- The Buccaneers average 23.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 88th in the nation. The Panthers rank 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (26.4).
- Charleston Southern ranks 150th in assists per game (12.8) while High Point ranks 240th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 12.2 for the season.