The Illinois State Redbirds (3-2) will be at home in Redbird Arena when they take on the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (3-2). Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Illinois State Redbirds Odds Preview
The last time the Buccaneers played, they dismantled the Toccoa Falls Eagles, 107-36. Travis McConico was the games high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-5 shooting. Charleston Southern played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 18.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.510). For those same stats, Toccoa Falls was 32.3 and 0.241, respectively.
The Redbirds come in on a high note after dismantling the Quincy Hawks in their last contest, 86-57. Illinois State received a boost from Phil Fayne, who was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Illinois State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 15.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.528). Quincy recorded marks of 19.4 and 0.420, respectively, for those same stats.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Illinois State should have a substantial advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Redbirds defense ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.444), while the Charleston Southern offense ranks 189th in effective field goal percentage (0.506).
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. Illinois State Redbirds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Illinois State, ATS Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buccaneers rank 154th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Redbirds rank 193rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- Charleston Southern ranks 35th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Illinois State ranks 72nd (5.6).
- Illinois State ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Charleston Southern ranks 216th (13.9).
- The Redbirds average 23.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 82nd in the NCAA. The Buccaneers rank 237th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- Illinois State ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.8) while Charleston Southern ranks 186th (3.0).