The North Carolina State Wolfpack (1-0) will be at home in PNC Arena when they challenge the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (0-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Charleston Southern Buccaneers vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Free Preview
In the Buccaneers’ last game, they were blown out by the Davidson Wildcats, 110-62. With 17 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Travis McConico was Charleston Southern’s high scorer. Davidson’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Charleston Southern. The Wildcats had a rate of 1.3, while the Buccaneers posted a mark of 17.4.
The Wolfpack will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the VMI Keydets in their last outing, 102-67. North Carolina State rallied around Allerik Freeman, who was the team’s high scorer with 17 points on 5-for-15 shooting. North Carolina State played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.5 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5. VMI put up marks of 24.3 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, North Carolina State should have a noteworthy advantage. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Wolfpack offense ranks 84th in that metric at 0.528, while the Charleston Southern defense ranks 318th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.536). Furthermore, the Buccaneers rank 43rd in turnover percentage (16.6 percent), while the Wolfpack rank 324th in opponents’ turnover percentage (16.1 percent).
Charleston Southern Buccaneers at North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buccaneers rank 144th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while the Wolfpack rank 237th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- North Carolina State averages 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. Charleston Southern ranks 178th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- North Carolina State ranks 104th in assists per game (14.4) while Charleston Southern ranks 292nd (11.0).
- The Buccaneers rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Wolfpack rank 195th (6.5).
- North Carolina State averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. Charleston Southern ranks 159th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).