The Charleston Cougars (15-12, 9-6 CAA) will be at Raiford G. Trask Coliseum to square off with the UNCW Seahawks (8-20, 3-12 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Charleston Cougars vs. UNCW Seahawks ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Seahawks fell to the Hofstra Pride, 78-64, while the Cougars were defeated by the Northeastern Huskies, 65-51.
Charleston had a better effective field goal percentage (0.479 vs. 0.519) while UNCW had a better effective field goal percentage (0.480 vs. 0.540). UNCW rallied around Shykeim Phillips, who put up 14 points. Zep Jasper, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Charleston with 10 points.
In their first matchup this season, Phillips led the Seahawks to a 72-70 win. He scored a game-high 17 points. UNCW had a much better free throw rate (0.400 vs. 0.194). Charleston, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.8 vs. 15.4).
Charleston Cougars vs. UNCW Seahawks Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Over
- Charleston ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while UNCW ranks 129th (6.5).
- The Seahawks rank 207th in assists per game (12.0) while the Cougars rank 251st (10.9).
- Charleston averages 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 144th in the nation. UNCW ranks 185th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Seahawks rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Cougars rank 106th (3.3).
- Charleston ranks 178th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7) while UNCW ranks 227th (36.9).
- The Seahawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (5.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average).