The Charleston Cougars (15-10, 9-4 CAA) will be at Mack Sports Complex to meet the Hofstra Pride (18-7, 9-3 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Charleston Cougars vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Odds
In their last game, the Pride beat the Northeastern Huskies, 75-71, while the Cougars were beaten by the Elon Phoenix, 72-65.
The Pride knocked down 24 of their 29 free throws (82.8 percent), while the Huskies had a turnover percentage of 22.1 (above their season average of 16.7). Charleston, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.443 vs. 0.462). Hofstra’s Jalen Ray led the way, contributing 22 points. Charleston was led by Grant Riller, who had 26 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Riller led the Cougars to a 69-67 win. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Charleston won the rebounding battle. The Cougars had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 4) and total rebounds (34 vs. 27).
Hofstra could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Hofstra ranks 30th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while Charleston forces the 75th-fewest turnovers (17.8 percent).
Charleston at Hofstra Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Under
- Hofstra ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Charleston ranks 119th (3.5).
- The Pride rank 168th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Cougars rank 185th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Hofstra averages 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 150th in the country. Charleston ranks 154th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Cougars rank 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Pride rank 74th (5.9).
- Hofstra ranks 193rd in assists per game (12.2) while Charleston ranks 240th (10.8).
- The Pride’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average).